Free bus travel this Friday 20th September
Great news everyone - it's WORLD CAR-FREE DAY this week and to celebrate, there will be FREE bus travel this Friday 20 September.
This includes New Plymouth Citylink services (except school buses), and the Hāwera-New Plymouth Connector, while once-weekly or twice-weekly Southlink services will be free all week so no one misses out. (excludes school students)
On your bike this weekend
Biking facts for some inspiration:
- Cycling three hours or 30 kilometres per week halves your risk of heart disease and strokes.
- A study of nearly 2,400 adults found that those who biked to work were fitter, leaner, less likely to be obese, and had better triglyceride levels, blood pressure, and insulin levels than those who didn’t active commute to work.
- Bicycle commuting burns an average of 540 calories per hour.
- Figures show the average person will lose 13 lbs (5.8 kilograms) in their first year of cycling to work.
Te Wiki o te Reo Māori
Celebrating Te Wiki o te Reo Māori we have a new word for you to use during this Fresh Air Challenge
Eketanga = the way by which you travel
Small actions can make big changes
This week get out and in to the fresh air on your bike - be in to WIN prizes AND feel good doing your bit!
The Fresh Air Challenge has started
Its Dream Team week - time to get your team members signed up, into action for active and sustainable travel and logging those trips.
Prizes up for grabs this week
- DREAM TEAM - Get your staff signup up!! - The four workplaces with best participation in sign ups and logging their first trips this week will win a morning tea shout
- LOG A TRIP - Spot prizes for individuals who log a walk, ride, bus, carpool or video conference trip.
- SCOOTERLICIOUS - 5 x scooter vouchers to give away.
- TEAM PIC! Don't forget to enter your team photo on Facebook with #freshairchallenge the winning team will get morning tea at the end of the challenge.
New Registration Required
Please start fresh in 2019 with a NEW REGISTRATION. The website is new and does not hold any previous login details that you may have used. Simply hit the SIGN UP button first, the rest is easy!